Bravo

Thursday, September 08, 2005

whoops - I saved this as a draft and never posted it

There was a sweet storm that passed through Ames last week. Apparently it was on the weather channel or news or something. So for those who might have saw that, all is well here. No damage or anything.

Labor Day weekend was so much fun. I flew to Atlanta for Brooke's wedding. There was a 4 hour layover there and back, but Amanda and I did a good job passing the time. The wedding was really nice. It was in a small church. It was simple and really pretty.

The following day was a blast too. Brooke's parents gave us a tour of the weather channel (apparently their headquarters is in Atlanta). We got to see their main set while they were doing a live broadcast, a lady standing in front of a green screen doing the weather forcast,the technical rooms, the main control center, and a new set that will be used in a week or so. I even got to sit in the chairs for the new set.

Friday Maureen from EMC called. She wanted a number for a former employer because the old one was disconnected. She also wanted to know if she could contact my current employer. So apparently they are checking my references. I'll post here if I hear something more definate this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home